Civil Engineering is one of the oldest engineering disciplines. It involves planning,designing and executing structural works. The profession deals with a wide variety of engineering tasks including designing,supervision and construction activities of public works like roads,bridges,tunnels,buildings,airports,dams,water works,sewage systems,ports etc.and offers a multitude of challenging career opportunities.
RITE seeks to be a center of higher education that can provide the best learning experience, the most productive learning community, and the most creative learning environment in engineering education and to be recognized as one of the best engineering college in India.
- Excel in education and research in Civil Engineering
- To continuously improve results, and employments through campus.
- Include professionalism through society activities like IEE and CTTC and impart knowledge in the area of Civil Engineering.
- To augment industry-institute collaboration for activities such as In-plant training, industrial visits and sponsored research.
- To provide placement opportunities for all the eligible graduating students of the Department.
- To enhance research and consultancy activities in the Department.
- To impart quality engineering education, enhance problem solving skills, foster research and innovation, encourage entrepreneurship and maintain integrity and ethics to provide leadership with social sensitivity for the betterment of the country and humanity as a whole.
- The major specializations within civil engineering are structural, water resources, environmental, construction, transportation, Geo-technical engineering etc.On most projects, civil engineers work in teams or in coordination with many other engineers. They can find work as a supervisor of a construction site or a managerial position or in design, research as well as teaching in government services.
- Eligibility and Course areasBachelor’s degree in engineering is the minimum requirement to become a qualified civil engineer.
- Career Options and Job ProspectsCivil Engineering can find job in Government department s,private and public sector industry.
- RemunerationThe earnings depend on the industries employing civil engineers such as Central or State government departments or private concerns . In India, a bachelor’s degree candidate in civil engineering can receive a starting salary of Rs. 10,000 up to Rs. 15,000 approximately with 2-3 years experiences.