Computers are slowly becoming a quintessential aspect which can be found everywhere; i.e. in car engines, watches microwave ovens, ATM’s, touching every facet of our lives. Due to the rapid growth of information technology, computer industry has become one of the fastest growing segments of our economy. As a result, there exist a huge demand for computer engineering professionals for the development of faster hardware components, new communication systems and software. Here comes the importance of computer engineering. Computer engineering involves designing and testing of computer components. It is a branch of engineering, which studies elements from both electrical engineering and computer science angles, combining the principle and techniques of these two for making and development of computer and computer based-systems. Professionals who work with computer hardware and software are termed as computer engineers.
To impart excellence academic and research oriented education in the field of computer science & engineering, equip with cutting edge technologies that can produce industry ready professionals and entrepreneurs who can sustain with changing needs of industries and society.
- Imparting futuristic technical education to the students.
- Promoting active role of Industry in student curriculum, projects and placements.
- Preparing students for promoting self-employment.
- Imparting quality engineering education, enhance problem solving skills, foster research and innovation.
Computer engineers are a part of a team who apply their knowledge of mathematics and science for the design and development of a computer. Those who deal with the computer equipment as such, are termed as computer hardware engineers and those who deal with the computer programs are called computer software engineers.
Computer software or software is a collection of Computer programs, procedures and documentation that performs the major tasks on a Computer system. Software engineers should have strong programming skills as they are concerned with the design and development of many types of software, including Computer games, word processing and business applications, operating systems and network distribution and compliers which convert programs to machine language for execution on computer.
Hardware engineers are involves in the research, designing, testing, manufacturing and installation of Computer hardware such as Computer chips, circuit boards, computer systems and related equipments. There work is similar to that of electronic engineers but their work is exclusively limited to computers and Computer related equipments. Computer engineers have the option of moving of hardware or software positions or blending the two. On projects, both these engineers usually work together as a team. It is these Computer engineers who design software and hardware computer based systems for embedded micro controllers, designing- VLSI chips analog sensors, mixed signal circuit boards and operating systems.
- EligibilityStudents who wish to pursue a career in computer science and engineering need a strong foundation in both mathematics and science, particularly chemistry and physics.
- Job prospectus and career optionsThe job prospectuses for computer engineers are increasing rapidly both in India and abroad because of the booming in this industry.
- RemunerationA Computer engineer is one of the well-paid careers in the field of engineering. At the entry level itself, a Computer engineers receives excellent pay